Saturday, December 30, 2006

Andy: "Still life #3 --Uncle's World War II Dagger" 11x14"

Please e-mail andy if you have questions about this painting:
stifel79@yahoo.com

When I first began this class, I was very unsure of what to expect, both from myself and from the course. Prior to this time, I had zero experience with oil paints, and very little with acrylic. After my first still life, I wanted to explore different strategies and criteria such as intense color, reflective surfaces, landscape and figures. At the end of the course,I felt that I ended up with four strong paintings for my portfolio. With my final piece, I really wanted to do a figure painting. When it came to the skin tone, I used mixtures high in yellow and orange. Painting from a photograph had it's difficulties, but I would invent color at certain spots according to what I thought would give the overall appearance a better feeling. I was satisfied with the final result, being my first oil portrait, but I would like to do more and work on my technique.

2 Comments:

Blogger emiller said...

I like this painting a lot. The dagger really has a metallic look to it.

February 12, 2007 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous father inlaw fuck stories said...

She immediately lowers her eyes. Alice drew her legsin to make a good beaver better for him, then waited.
bdsm violents stories
free forced to fuck stories
stories about female masturbation
xxx stories younger men older women
true spanking stories
She immediately lowers her eyes. Alice drew her legsin to make a good beaver better for him, then waited.

December 4, 2010 at 4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home